Historical Articles (49)

Featured Discussions

History of MiG Aircraft (Part 7) – MiG-25 – USSR’s Mach 3 interceptor

Introduction:   The story of the MiG-25 Foxbat is one of the most interesting stories of Russian fighter jets. It all started when the Sovi…

Started by AMLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Air Forces owning both Su-27 and MiG-29

I was interested to find out which air forces around the world own both Russian 4rth generation fighters, the Su-27 Flanker and MiG-29 Fulc…

Started by AM

13 May 12, 2021
Reply by AM

Jeff16-A short story of Scouting, War Horses and SdKfz 23x 8rad series.

Since Human Being raised from the mud, conflicts raised in the same time. (Sorry, Lord, it's a constatation...) ---------------------------…

Started by JEAN-FRANCOIS QUILLIEN

2 Apr 13, 2017
Reply by JEAN-FRANCOIS QUILLIEN

jeff22-The rocket propelled fleas - (3of3)

Rocket propelled fleas -  (3of3) Main source: Wikipedia + Web search * 1944- Me 163C / Ju 248/ Me 263 / Ju EF 127 Walli The Me 163C wa…

Started by JEAN-FRANCOIS QUILLIEN

10 Apr 17, 2016
Reply by JEAN-FRANCOIS QUILLIEN

World Firsts

First airplane (first heavier than air, fixed wing, propulsion driven vehicle) Wright Flyer First operational jet fighter in the world…

Started by AM

7 Mar 23, 2016
Reply by AM

Military Channel's top 10 tanks

Another top 10 blog post but this time about tanks. I did mention the German Tiger I and Panzer IV tanks from this top 10 list in a previou…

Started by AM

3 Jan 25, 2016
Reply by AM

History of MiG Aircraft (Part 6) – MiG-23, Enter the variable wing geometry fighter

Introduction: The story of the MiG-23 started when the Soviets came to know the drawbacks of its predecessor, the MiG-21. Some of these dr…

Started by AM

3 Jan 25, 2016
Reply by AM

History of MiG Aircraft (Part 8) – MiG-29 – MiG's 4th Generation fighter

Introduction: The lessons learned from the Vietnam War proved to both military personnel and aircraft designers around the world that the…

Started by AM

8 Jan 25, 2016
Reply by AM

History of MiG Aircraft (Part 2) – MiG-9 Fargo, MiG’s first operational jet fighter

The MiG-3 was certainly not successful as its designers hoped it would be. But lucky for MiG OKB (OKB is a transliteration of the Russian a…

Started by AM

8 May 20, 2015
Reply by Ian Brown

History of MiG Aircraft (Part 7) – MiG-25 – USSR’s Mach 3 interceptor

Introduction:   The story of the MiG-25 Foxbat is one of the most interesting stories of Russian fighter jets. It all started when the Sovi…

Started by AM

9 Jan 18, 2015
Reply by AM

Forward-swept wing aircraft

I was at Hallmark toy shop in Cairo when I came across these interesting looking models by Match Box. One of those models was called "Steal…

Started by AM

4 Dec 22, 2014
Reply by AM

RSS

Recent Visitors to the site!

© 2024   Created by Matt Whisenant.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

hitcounter

Avitop.com