Hi all!!

This is going to be my first of many post on a Heller 1/72 DC-6B that I am building for a customer. The collector wants a late 60's United Airlines DC-6B in the last livery for that airline. The 1/72 Heller DC-6B gives me a little bit more room to fiddle with detail.

The fuselage is where I will start with.... I know yellow......Errrr.,.but plastic is plastic I guess. I went ahead and filled in all the passeger windows with the kits clear plastic parts and added some putty too. The collector wanted a opened entry-way for passengers, so I removed the main entrance door and from scratch made a small interior section. I also made the cockpit visable with the kits parts and some home made goodies too. The Clear plastic windscreen was masked and hopefully will look ok when the tape is removed......The Heller kit has some issues with the overall shape of the aft section of the fuselage. One is the verticle tall top is too short and angled too far forward and the belly of the aft fuselage is too thin. With the help of some styrene and putty I was able to correct these minor flaws. Before sealing up the fuselage for primer I added some weight to the nose.

Views: 4827

Replies to This Discussion

That really is a beautiful piece of art! The weathering on it looks fantastic, I need to pick up some Tamiya products i reckon! I would love to commission you to make a model for me one day, although I can't think what aircraft I would want! Do you prefer making aircraft that are of interest to you?

It looks great Brad!  I would love to have one of your customs in my collection one day!

Do you usually have a back log of people wanting planes?

Well here are some outdoor photos. I will ship her this week to her new home!! 
It is sad to see her go! I can't wait to see whats coming next though!

Brad Shinn said:
Well here are some outdoor photos. I will ship her this week to her new home!!

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply!

Yea...some intrest helps in the builds I do. But I am open to any ideas!

Ben Godlington said:

That really is a beautiful piece of art! The weathering on it looks fantastic, I need to pick up some Tamiya products i reckon! I would love to commission you to make a model for me one day, although I can't think what aircraft I would want! Do you prefer making aircraft that are of interest to you?
One seriously neat piece of work there. Well done matie.

RSS

Recent Visitors to the site!

© 2024   Created by Matt Whisenant.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

hitcounter

Avitop.com