Hello, I would like to share with you this build of this lovely kit...lets hope I dont hurt it too bad lol!

I am using the Tamiya 1/48 F-16 Block25-32 kit.

I am using Elite Decals from Israel to complete here in 363rd TFW "Hammer Time" 1991 Gulf War markings:

The canopy may look a bit "scratched", reason being is that there was a huge seam line going down the top of it which I had to buff out. A little more buffing and polishing compund should make it nice and clear again. I will also dip it in Future floor wax to give it a more realistic look:

I had to remove the "beer cans" (RAW antenae) on the leading edges as this aircraft was not equipped with them at the time (Gulf War, 1991):

I am using Mr. Surfacer 500 (a filling compound) to fill in the round ejection pin marks which were plentiful in the gear bay:

Thanks for looking!

Views: 2095

Replies to This Discussion

I have been working on the cockpit. Going to be a closed canopy so nothing special in terms of "ultra-detail".

The injection marks were puttied over nicely. More parts added to the gear bay:

Very nice! can't wait for more!

Canopy (waxed over) and ejection seat completed.

Seam lines in intakes smoothed using Mr. Surfacer 500 putty and Lacquer thinner.

Looking good!

Small update tonight.

Got the top and bottom sub-assemblies together, vert stab dry sitting in place (not going to glue it anyways):

I finally got some latex and just smeared it in there and let it run down due to the force of gravity. I must say I am very pleased at how great and easy this method is (although somehow a seamline on the top still wriggled its way through Grrr):

...and the fun part:

Looking good!
Real Nice Bill-ay!!!!!!!!
My what skill you have Billy!
Nice work Bill. Is this your first F-16? If not what others have you built and which company (Hasegawa, Tamiya, Academy etc.) would you say makes the best F-16 kit, for that matter who makes the best plastic Teen Fighter (f-14, F-15, F-16, F18) kits?

Hi Hawk,

Thanks. This kit (Tamiya) is bar none. The Hasegawa kit comes close, but has issues that really dont need the time wasted to fix and costs about the same. The other 1/48 F-16's are just not worth it (in my opinion). If you want a beautiful F-16 that is totally accurate and fits together like a charm, spend the extra money on the Tamiya kit. As for all fighters, there is not one magic manufacturer. Each company has their own "gem" while others try to get as good. Just shop around!

Thanks Bill.

If you were going to buy an F-15 and F-18 kit which manufacturer would you choose for each?

Bill Wilt said:

Hi Hawk,

Thanks. This kit (Tamiya) is bar none. The Hasegawa kit comes close, but has issues that really dont need the time wasted to fix and costs about the same. The other 1/48 F-16's are just not worth it (in my opinion). If you want a beautiful F-16 that is totally accurate and fits together like a charm, spend the extra money on the Tamiya kit. As for all fighters, there is not one magic manufacturer. Each company has their own "gem" while others try to get as good. Just shop around!

Hawk, for an F-15E, the Revell-Monogram kit is perfect. F-18...never built one but Hasegawa has a nice one out there.

RSS

Recent Visitors to the site!

© 2024   Created by Matt Whisenant.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

hitcounter

Avitop.com