Hi all!

Here is the start of a 1/144 B757-222 thats going to be in the "Battle Ship" colors of United Airlines. I am going to use three model manufactures to achive this (Authentic Airlines, Contrails and Minicraft). She will be a rather tattered abused dirty looking 757 with flaps/slats deployed.

I started with the Authentic Airlines (AA) resin fuselage which came in 3 parts. The AA kit did not come with the PW engines so I think I will use the Contrails engines with the Minicraft (MC) pylons.....

Thanks,

Brad 

Views: 2940

Replies to This Discussion

Started work on the removing of the main flaps. The AA kit is a solid piece of casted resin not an enjected molded plastic like your average model. The wings are one piece of resin and you can only remove the top half of the flaps. Flip the wings over and you  have to dremel the remaining flaps out.

One slip and your toast and out $50-60 kit! Again I was lucky removing the flaps from the solid resin wings. Flaps will be scratch built from styrene.

Next I should remove slat material and re-shape the leading edge of the wings for scratch built slats.

Hmmm....:)
I would have never guessed you had to plow out the underside of the flaps like that! Nice work! Could have been a surgeon!

Bill Wilt said:
Hmmm....:)
HMmmmmmmmmmm too....Resin Yum Yum!!
Bad Brad, no smelling the resin; its bad for ye'!

Matt Whisenant said:
I would have never guessed you had to plow out the underside of the flaps like that! Nice work! Could have been a surgeon!
It's the only way to get the bottom halve of the flap removed. Lots of Hasegawa 1/200's kits are like this too. The same goes to modify the slats and krueger flaps too.
PS...I do remove splinters for the family and in the past pulled some baby teeth!

FInally figured out how to reply!! (cursor wasn't showing up).

Looking good so far!! 

If I can get away from my simpit project - want to do a diorama base as if she is turning off the runway onto a high speed taxiway...

That would be very cool........welcome to chicago's o'hara airport where the local time is 3:45pm.
Are you taking a vacation???? I am dying to see more of this great build! :)

Hi Matt!!

No vacation...I wish. I'm still having back problems one year after surgery and move sometimes at the speed of a slug..lol..Here are pics of the main flaps. Their made from scratch styrene.

Hope you get to feeling better! Love the work! Outstanding detail on those flaps!

Take care,

Matt

Thanks Matt....Here are most of the parts for the main flaps.

RSS

Recent Visitors to the site!

© 2024   Created by Matt Whisenant.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

hitcounter

Avitop.com