I guess ordering online (from trusted sources) has its cons. This includes ordering from ebay as well. Some of these cons are:
- You only see photos and videos of products, not the real thing. So in many cases, you may receive something that turns out a little different than what you saw in a photo or video.
- Products may get damaged during shipping or get lost. I have never had a package get lost before but in a number of occasions are received broken products (and their were new not used).
- Products may arrive late. This depends on their availability, where they are shipped from, the date on which they been shipped, the courier service, and customs handling in your country.
To handle these issues, take the following precautions:
- Deal with a trusted online store.
- Better use PayPal not your credit card directly.
- Read the online store's policy especially in returns.
- Make sure you read the description of the product very well (especially what each part is made from and its dimensions).
- Try to order from a state or country that is close to where you live.
- Choose a reliable courier service. I prefer UPS for example. USPS is fine but if it is will deliver outside the US, it all depends on how good your country's local postal service is. Generally, expensive postal services are the best.
- Buy products with buySAFE guarantees.
I think that in your case you have to compare your seller with the points I have mentioned.