Historical Articles (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tiger I + Panther = Tiger II Tank!!

The Tiger II tank, also known as the King Tiger, was an impressive piece of German equipment during WWII. Personally, I believe it was a st…

Started by AM

1 Sep 22, 2012
Reply by AM

The first operational jet fighters

WWII saw the entry of the first operational jet fighters by both the Allies and the Nazis. The British introduced the Gloster Meteor (the w…

Started by AM

2 Aug 31, 2012
Reply by AM

The Soviet T-64 MBT

The T-64 was a Soviet MBT that was introduced in 1963. It came into existence only 2 years after its predecessor the T-62. New tanks are us…

Started by AM

0 Aug 18, 2012

Jeff06-Taranto Raid : the Pearl Harbor raid model and the old "Stringbag"

Data sources: Wikipedia + Net inquiries. "The naval Battle of Taranto took place on the night of 11–12 November 1940 during the Second Wor…

Started by JEAN-FRANCOIS QUILLIEN

2 Aug 14, 2012
Reply by AM

Russian design bureaus and their founders

We all know that Soviet/Russian aircraft are named after their designers. In fact, most Russian weaponry share the same characteristic. Ber…

Started by AM

3 Jul 24, 2012
Reply by JEAN-FRANCOIS QUILLIEN

Fly EgyptAir for 0.25 Egyptian Pounds !!!!

I came across this interesting article in the news paper today (pictures posted below). The article presents pictures of an old EgyptAir ad…

Started by AM

2 Jul 13, 2012
Reply by AM

German Panzer IV and Tiger I tanks

It is interesting to note that out of the Top 10 Tanks featured by the Discovery Channel, two German tanks of the same era were in the list…

Started by AM

0 Jul 3, 2012

Jeff15-1/72 Altaya/IXO model Dassault SMB2

Hi, m8s! I bought by my Newspapers shop another Altaya model:   It's an old Dassault Aviation jet: a Super Mystère SMB2 of the Escadron de…

1 Jul 3, 2012
Reply by AM

Vietnam War pilots become fast friends decades later

I came across a very interesting article about two pilots who had a fierce dogfight during the war in Vietnam. The dogfight ended with the…

Started by AM

2 Jun 28, 2012
Reply by Krish

Jeff07-The SdKfz 181 PzKpfW VI Tiger (P)

Hi, mates!   I just received my brand new Porsche Tiger I model from Dragon Armor and that's what I want to say  (more accurately: copy fro…

1 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by AM

RSS

Recent Visitors to the site!

© 2024   Created by Matt Whisenant.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

hitcounter

Avitop.com